Twilight 2000 Heading Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the road goes on.

Go down

And the road goes on. Empty And the road goes on.

Post  Admin Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm

The journey has been long and hard for us. We haven't seen friendlies for almost 3 weeks now, and the amount of enemy patrols seem to be increasing. Our supplies are beginning to run short, and the biting chill of fall is in the air.

"In the months that we've been travelling, we've run across things that would make your blood turn to ice! It's scary the things that some people do to others when law ceases to exist. I used to think that nothing could be worse than a Soviet trying to kill me. That was, until I had a run-in with some marauders. At least the Soviet soldier had training and a shred of discipline. The vile, marauding scum of Europe had no such checks ingrained in them. They killed and tortured people for the sheer pleasure of it. And due to the lawlessness of war torn Poland, these marauders had acquired weaponry on par with troops. That made them deadly even to trained soldiers.

Krakow - free city where everyone and everything could be had. And the papers we found way back near Kalisz were worth a gold mine in the right hands - an synthetic and cheap method to produce a high octane fuel!!

Rumor had it even the old airport was still active and for the right price an old DHC-2 DeHaviland Beaver float was available with pilot for rent.

"Anyhow, we're on our way to Krakow, as part of a convoy of food and supplies from the Baron to city. We heard some local scuttlebutt that there might be some friendlies in the town. The journey's been long and hard, but just the other day, we smelled something in the air that we hadn't smelled in a long time. The smell of the fresh cut hay.

"The point man has come back to camp, and is spreading some cockeyed story about seeing lights down by the old woods. The Sergeant is taking it with a grain of salt. We haven't seen any signs of electricity in this country for almost 6 months now. He figures it's just the guy's vivid imagination, and doesn't want to get anyone's hopes up. He says we'll check it out tomorrow.

"Sun's set, and the stars have filled the sky. Looks like it's gonna be another chilly morning. Having this insulated sleeping bag is finally worth all the trouble it's been to pack it all over the bloomin' countryside. The fire's dyin' down now, and there's nothing to do but catch some shut-eye. One of the guys got all excited about seeing a shooting star, but none of the rest of us find that all too interesting. Boy, I hope there are some friendlies there. I could use a good meal rather than these cold MREs.

"I'll be glad when this war's over."

Admin
Admin

https://twl2000hh.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down